- This competition is organised and administered by Sentient Publishing.
- The competition will be known as “The GAPP AWARDS” from herein.
- By entering The GAPP AWARDS, all entrants agree to the terms and conditions of entry in full.
- Sentient Publishing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend The GAPP AWARDS should causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper participation of The GAPP AWARDS.
- Sentient Publishing assumes no responsibility for postal, technical or natural conditions that prevent the reception and judging of GAPP AWARDS submissions.
- Sentient Publishing reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- Printers (or service providers as per the categories) throughout South Africa are eligible to enter any work produced within the borders of South Africa, even if the work is for distribution outside of the country. Suppliers, agencies and clients of the printer may submit the printers work providing that the printer approves and signs the entry form.
- All entries must be produced in South Africa.
- Entries must be produced within the stipulated dates of the competition period.
- The work submitted must be part of a commercial production run.
- Entry to The GAPP AWARDS will take the form of an entry uploaded to The GAPP AWARDS website, currently located at staging.php-dev.in:8844/Gapp.
- Submit a minimum of two copies of each entry.
- In the case of larger entries, you do not need to provide the entire entry but a reasonably sized piece of the entry must be included.
- All information must be completed in full.
- Entry forms with missing data or signatures will automatically lead to disqualification of the entry and a loss of the entry fee without notification.
- The details on the entry form are accepted as correct and accurate and all awards will be made according to this information. Winners and their entries will be photographed and used for publication and promotional purposes.
- It is the full responsibility of the printer to obtain agreement from their client to enter the work.
- Entries will not be returned and will form property of Sentient Publishing.
- The GAPP and Sentient Publishing reserve the right to use entries to promote the competition and print as a communication medium.
- Irrespective of the person submitting the entry, the Awards are made to the printer (Company) that printed the winning entry. Additional certificates for customers, agencies and the submitter of entries can be requested at an extra nominal fee.
- Sentient Publishing will not accept into The GAPP AWARDS entries which include profanity, pornography, indecent images or references. Sentient Publishing reserves the right to disallow any entries it regards to contain inappropriate or incomplete content.
- By entering The GAPP AWARDS, the entrant understands that the project submission (descriptions, images and videos) will be made publicly available and will be able to be shared by members of the general public across any and all media channels including the Internet.
- All entrants’ contact details should be restricted to the registration process and contact details section of the entry which will not be made publicly available – and not included in the project submission itself.
- Sentient Publishing cannot receive entries in confidence.
- Participants are allowed to submit up to 8 entries per category.
- All projects should be available to the organizers for exhibition purposes, including 3-D models.
- Complete all sections of the entry form and submit them online. Print a copy of the entry form for inclusion with your entry submission. Submit at least two copies of each entry. Do not use staples and ensure that your entry is well protected and in immaculate condition. Deliver, courier or post your entry to the address details provided. The entries will be photographed so please try to ensure that they are in as close to pristine condition as possible.
- Entries will not be considered should entry fee not be received in full.
- Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that entry form as well as submission is received by the awards organiser on time. Should entries not be received, the entry will be automatically disqualified.
- The website will open for entries from 1 August 2016. Sentient Publishing is not responsible for and will not accept projects received after entries close.
- The judges reserve the right to reallocate an entry to a different category at their discretion and not to nominate a winner for a category. The Judges refrain from judging their company’s entries or entries where they have prior knowledge of the entry. The judges reserve the right to request the job ticket to verify any of the details provided. Entries may be disqualified for incorrect information supplied.
- The judging has been carefully structured to ensure the highest possible standards, coupled with a balanced perspective. Each entry remains anonymous throughout. Judging will be conducted on a pre-determined matrix and winners will be judged according to points allocated. Like processes will be judged against each other.
- All entrants accept the judges’ decisions as final and binding, and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The GAPP AWARDS organisers are not responsible for obtaining or verifying any intellectual property rights relating to the project that has been entered. It is the responsibility of the entrant to secure protection for a project which is being entered before submission. Proof of any patents, design applications or registrations, trademark applications or registrations, other rights, permissions or applications should be referred to in the entry.
- The entrant must confirm that he/she is the legal owner of all intellectual property (and moral rights) in relation to the entry and, if not, that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and licenses from relevant third parties. The project must be original and not in breach of a third party’s intellectual property rights. If an entrant is unable to confirm that he/she is the legal owner of all intellectual property (and moral rights) in relation to the entry or that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and licenses from relevant third parties to Sentient Publishing’s satisfaction, SENTIENT PUBLISHING reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- The entrants agree to indemnify all parties involved in the Awards including Sentient Publishing, the sponsors, the promoters, the judging panel, its agents and its employees against any third party claims that could arise from submission of the product to the competition.
- As a condition of entering this contest, the entrant agrees that:
- Under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain any compensation for any losses or damages, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
- The GAPP and Sentient Publishing are registered trademarks owned by Sentient Publishing. Unauthorised use of these trademarks and copyright is prohibited.
- By entering The GAPP AWARDS, entrants expressly authorise Sentient Publishing to use personal data collected during the registration process for the purposes of administering The GAPP AWARDS, notwithstanding their rights to access or amend that may be exercised by the entrants by the means of an e-mail or letter addressed to Sentient Publishing.
- Sentient Publishing will use the personal data the entrant submitted to administer The GAPP AWARDS and local administrators working on behalf of Sentient Publishing have access to personal details for the purposes of informing the entrant of any progression throughout The GAPP AWARDS or publicity opportunities. We will not pass on the entrant’s details to third parties.
PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
- The winners, runners-up and finalists of The GAPP AWARDS agree to take part in any publicity and promotional activity surrounding The GAPP AWARDS and future GAPP AWARDS. As part of an ambassador role, the winner may be required to partake in some activities recommended by the organisers.
- Any entrant to the Awards may be asked to take part in publicity and promotional activities for The GAPP AWARDS. By entering the Awards, the entrant is accepting that your details, images and footage can be used for publicity purposes. The entrant may be invited to personally partake in publicity opportunities such as interviews put forward to the entrant by Sentient Publishing. Each opportunity will be taken on merit.